If you have ever been in a situation where the grill you made looked perfectly smoker from outside but was undercooked or overcooked inside, then you are in the right place.
Last night, my friend threw a BBQ party to celebrate or graduation night. Everyone was waiting for the main dish of the night. But unfortunately, the chicken wasn’t grilled properly.
I know this is a common situation and almost every one of us has faced this situation. Well, there is an effective way to avoid the overcooked or undercooked meat and smoke it to the perfect temperature. All you need is a smart smoker thermometer to do so.
Table of Contents
What is a smoker thermometer or meat thermometer?
A smoker or meat thermometer is basically a thermometer that let you know the approximate temperature of the meat, grill or the temperature of the interior of a smoker. These thermometers let you know when is the perfect time to remove the heat from the stove so that the meat doesn’t get overcooked. This is one of the important tricks to cook like a chef.
Types of smoker or meat thermometer:
Various types of meat thermometers are available in the market nowadays. You need to know which type will work for you the best. You can go for single probe analog handheld smoker thermometers. These are easy to use for a beginner but the downside is that they are very slow to respond.
On the other hand, dual probe digital handheld thermometers will give you almost accurate reading in less than 5 seconds which is what you need to cook delicious meat with perfect temperature. But none of these two thermometers give you the freedom of remote controlling and you always have to be near the smoker.
But nothing to be worry. Because remote smoker thermometers are there to help you out. These thermometers will give the chance to know the temperature inside the smoker without opening the smoker. The single probe one will tell you the meat temperature on the remote display so that you can know the temperature without being near the smoker.
And there is also a dual probe version of this thermometer which will tell you the temperature of both the meat and interior of the smoker. These displays have a range of 300 feet or more. So you can do your other jobs while the meat is being cooked and still know the meat temperature, isn’t it cool?
Benefits of using a smoker thermometer:
Cooking or grilling the meats without measuring the inner temperature of the meat is no less than trying to hit the target with the eyes closed. You need to measure the perfect temperature otherwise chances are the meat will either overcooked or remain undercooked.
Not only this. An optimal food temperature is required for each food to avoid food poisoning. But opening the smoker each time to check the temperature is not a good idea as this will let go of the accumulated heat inside the smoker. This way the meat will take even longer to cook. And you can’t exactly tell the temperature of the meat even if you open the smoker.
So you need to use a smoker thermometer to detect the meat temperature and the smoker temperature as well. Using a dual probe smoker thermometer will let you know both of the temperatures. This way you can cook that chef style meat each time with the perfect temperature in the minimum amount of time.
How to use a digital meat thermometer:
You need to know how to use a food thermometer to master up the process of using a meat thermometer. There are some simple steps you need to follow to properly handle any type of digital thermometers. Let’s dig in:
- First, you need to test your thermometer if it is working well. Dip it into the boiled hot water and then ice water. Check if it shoes correct temperature each time.
- Now you need to calibrate the thermometer. Follow the user manual to get the thermometer perfectly calibrated.
- Now place the thermometer in the thickest part of the meat and avoid poking the bone or the fat. See the correct placement chart since different food has a different way of getting heated. And the quantity of the food is also important to calculate the correct temperature.
- Wait the recommended time to get the accurate result. Then match the result with the food-temperature chart to know if you need to cook it even more.
Aftercare of the meat thermometer:
You need to take a good care of your thermometer since the proof is very sensitive. Clean it with warm soapy water and never submerge the thermometer in the soap solution. This will damage the probe and degrade the overall performance. Wipe with a clean towel each time you use it or wash it. Otherwise, bacteria will start to grow and cause food contamination when you use the thermometer next time.
Basic food safety:
- Always cook the food in safe optimal heat. Don’t exceed the maximum rating of the thermometer.
- Follow the temperature chart for the recipe to avoid food poisoning.
- Always sanitize the thermometer before using it.
- In case of reheating know the perfect reheat temperature to avoid burning out the food.
Adding a smoker thermometer in your collection will let you cook the meat perfectly in minimal time. You can have the exact taste you want from the dish if you maintain the flame and the temperature of your food.
Besides, maintaining the optimal temperature is also important for keeping the food safe from food poisoning. So Use a Meat Thermometer and Serve Safe Food each time to your friends and family. And hear them praising you for making the perfect and delicious meat. Now you can rock any BBQ party like a pro.
- Tapcon Screws Not Holding? : Anchoring It Right! - January 30, 2020
- How To Walk In An Attic With Blown Insulation: Ways To Work The Problem - January 23, 2020
- 5 Tips for Creating a Safe Home for Your Child with Autism- Make Your Home Environment for Autistic Child - January 22, 2020